Amazon’s Affiliate program (“Amazon’s Associates”) is great. The huge selection of products, as well as the high conversion rates – really increase your earnings. And still, many affiliates choose to also work with other similiar affiliate programs (Amazon’s competitors). Here are few reasons to do so :
- Problems With Your Associates Account – If you don’t follow Amazon’s terms of service and rules, your account may be banned. Any new account you will open will eventually be linked to your previous one, and may be banned as well.
- Low Commissions -The more sales you make on Amazon, the bigger the commission percentage you will get. But many affiliates just can’t bring enough sales, and therefore only receive %4 or %6 per sale. With other affiliate programs, they can earn more than that.
- Increase Profits – Many times, there are products than other websites sell for cheaper than Amazon. If your website visitor decides to buy from eBay for example – why not earn money as well?
- Faster Payments – Your Amazon earnings are paid about 60 days after the end of the month for which they are being paid. Many Internet marketers got used to getting paid much sooner, and therefore prefer/also work with other retail affiliate programs that offer faster payments.
- Payment Options – If your are located in the USA – Amazon can directly deposit your earnings to your bank account. But if you are located outside the USA – Amazon will send you a check (or an online gift certificate – as you choose). You have to wait until it arrives, and then wait until it clears. Also, check processing fee applies, and they can be significant if you are not earning much with Amazon. Some affiliate programs offer better payment options (like PayPal) for international affiliates .
Now, don’t get me wrong. As mentioned before, Amazon’s Associates (affiliate program) is awesome. I’m not saying you shouldn’t work with them. All I’m saying is that in many cases , you should also work with additional affiliate programs. Here are few of them :
eBay Partner Network
eBay is one of the biggest online retailers in the world. One if it’s biggest advantages is the fact that MANY products sold there are shipped worldwide (sometimes even for free). That’s really good if some of your website visitors are not from the USA. Also, on eBay you can find many very cheap and generic products like headphones, cables, adapters etc..
Joining eBay Affiliate Program
It’s really easy and only takes few minutes (apply here). Make sure to read eBay’s Partner Network Agreement and Code of Conduct. Your application will be reviewed in few days and you’ll receive an e-mail regarding that. If your website is well built and contains high-quality content you will be probably get accepted without any problems.
eBay Affiliate Commissions
eBay pays publishers based on the traffic they send. The amount paid based upon a percentage of eBay revenue (that can be actually pretty high). More information can be found on this page.
Contact eBay’s Affiliate Team
You can send them questions or messages using this form . Their affiliate team is excellent and very professional.
Zappos Associates Program
Zappos mostly sells clothing products, and is owned by Amazon (keep in mind that their Associates program is separate from Amazon’s program). Considered to be one of the biggest online shoe stores online.
Joining Zappos Associates Program
You can join their affiliate program on CJ.com .
Zappos Affiliate Commissions
Up to 18% (new customer). Full details can be found on CJ.com (link above).
BestBuy Affiliate Program
On BestBuy’s website you can find thousends of different products. Their affiliate program commission rates are not as high as Amazon’s, but you can surly earn well with them as well.
Joining BestBuy Associates Program
You can join BestBuy’s Affiliate Program on Rakuten (Linkshare) . You can also get access to their API.
BestBuy Affiliate Commissions
Up to 4%. Full details can be found on Rakuten (link above).
Their affiliate team e-mail can be found here.
Banggood Affiliate Program
Banggood is a Chinese online store that sells tens of thousends of different products. They offer worldwide free shipping, and super low prices.
Joining Banggood Affiliate Program
Become a Banggood affiliate here.
Banggood Affiliate Commissions
Up to 8%. Full details can be found on Rakuten (link above).
As you can see, there are many other online retailers that offer well paying affiliate programs. I recommend checking and testing few of them. In many cases, by posting affiliate links to other online stores and not only Amazon, you can increase your earnings.
If you have any questions – feel free to comment below.